Generating leads has always been a top priority for small businesses. If you’re not hitting the right number, then you’re probably too lazy or you’re just not targeting the right people. Of course, you’d rather think the latter.
Whatever it may be, you have to understand that there are tools you can use to generate leads, one of the most promising of which today is YouTube. While the video-sharing platform is a fun way to search for the Internet’s most viral videos, it’s also a powerful channel to spread your brand’s message.
With over 2 billion monthly active users, there’s never been a better time to take advantage of a platform that can help you reach your full sales potential. Continue reading for some tips to generate leads with your big sleeper trucks for sale using YouTube.
How to Start a YouTube Channel
You can’t access the marketing benefits of YouTube without starting a channel. But, while signing up is the first step, there’s more that you have to do to make sure that your videos are visible on the channel and reaching the right audience.
- Optimize Your Channel
Optimizing your YouTube channel involves identifying the right keywords and phrases that your targeted users search in order to find your videos. In your trucking business, it may include keywords like sleeper trucks, sleeper trucks for sale, and trucks, to name a few variations.
Now, you’d want to use these keywords in your channel’s description. You can also add links that will direct viewers to landing pages where they can find out more about your business, products or services. This will send high quality traffic to your site, directing users who have watched your video and are probably interested in finding out more.
- Optimize Your Videos
Aside from your channel description, you’d also want to optimize your videos by adding keywords in the title and description. Google indexes YouTube videos—when you include keywords in the title, you increase your chances of showing up in the search results.
YouTube also has a tagging feature, which determines the relevance of your videos and group them together with similar ones. Take advantage of this feature by adding tags or descriptive keywords that will help your video appear as a related video when users watch similar content.
Additionally, make sure to add calls to action with shortened links that encourage users to visit your site.
- Create Relevant & Engaging Content
What is your target market? What type of content will your audience be interested in? Answering these questions will help you provide quality content that can engage, educate, and ultimately convert viewers into customers.
Some examples of the types of content for your channel include:
1. Educational Videos – Your audience wants value from the videos they watch. For your trucking business, you can use this format by educating them about trucks or specifically the products you offer. This has long been proven to influence the buying decision consumers make.
2. Product Review Videos – Consumers these days are smarter. They are more likely to consult online reviews first before making a purchase and a product video review allows them to see how a product performs and whether they’re a match for their requirements.
3. How-To Videos – Many YouTube channels with millions of subscribers are devoted solely to this video and for good reasons—it attracts a lot of viewers. Being in a trucking business, you can talk about care and maintenance, upgrades, repairs, and everything in between.
4. Company Videos – A corporate video is any video used to spread your brand messaging. You can use this format to highlight your initiatives as a company, take your viewers on a virtual tour of your office, or give insights into your day-to-day operations. It is aimed to raise awareness of your brand as a whole.
There are many other types of videos you can use for your YouTube channel. But, regardless, your ultimate objective is to educate your viewers, answer their questions, and encourage them to take action that benefits your brand—take advantage of your promo, sign-up to your newsletter, subscribe to your channel, or visit your site.
- Partner with Influencers and Explore YouTube Ads
In addition to the ways above, you can further expand your reach on the channel by partnering with YouTube influencers. These Internet celebrities already have a substantial subscriber base and you’d want to gain access to that by collaborating on videos that relate to your mutual interests. You can also strengthen all these efforts by exploring YouTube ads, which offers a variety of targeting options including geotargeting, retargeting, search, contextual and behavioral.
With these methods, you’re bound to reach qualified leads—users who are interested in the products and services you provide. It goes to show that your effort in creating quality video content can go a long way in raising awareness of your brand and ultimately generating leads for your truck business.
What are your thoughts about using YouTube for generating leads? If you have any other tips to add, let leave a comment below.
Joie is the passionate writer and blogger of UsedVending.com. She enjoys writing and works at an amazing pace. Blessed with two adorable boys, she dreams of creating a successful career online. She also loves to write about parenting, home and family life, technology and gaming, as well as beauty and health.